Inside CTR Preloaded
Inside ® CTR Models:
PRELOADED Inside® CTR 15 SERIES
|TYPE 15||TYPE 15A||TYPE 15B|
|10.0 mm||11.0 mm||12.0 mm|
|12.3 mm||13.0 mm||14.5 mm|
|Up to 4 hours (120°)|
|CLEAR PMMA (Compress Moulded)|
Direction of Implantation:
|One bent eyelet, which reduces a possible puncturing (bulging) of the capsular bag when being dialled into the bag|
Advantages of using Inside® CTR:
- Expands and stabilises the capsular bag.
- Distributes even pressure to all zonular fibres and prevents uneven pressure to single zonular fibres.
- Ensures centration of the IOL, even with post-operative capsular bag shrinkage.
- Reduces the risk of capsular bag or zonular damage during surgery.
- Facilitates phacoemulsification, cortical aspiration and IOL implantation.
- Replaces the need for a scleral IOL.
- Simplifies potential IOL explantation.
- Reduces the incidence of folds in the capsule
- The Capsular Tension Rings have eyelets at both ends to facilitate insertion
Indications for using Inside® CTR:
- Defective or partially missing zonules.
- Potentially complicated surgical conditions.
- IOLs luxation.
- Marchesani Syndrome.
- Stabilises the capsule in cases of severe myopia.
Contraindications for using Inside® CTR:
- Zonular damage extending more than 120° (4 hours) of the circumference.
- Patients under the age of one year.
- Chronic uveitis.
- Progressive eye disease (diabetic retinopathy, uncontrolled glaucoma).
- Preoperative complications prior to cataract surgery (vitreous body prolapse, haemorrhage).
- Patients with perforated or damaged capsule.
- The , is individually packed in a double blister, sealed with a Tyvek® lid, to ensure easy access and maintain perfect sterile conditions.
Handling the Inside® CTR:
- Pull the Security Clip to draw the CTR into the injector cannula, and then remove the Security Clip.
- Introduce the tip of the cannula into the capsular bag.
- Implant the CTR into the capsular bag by carefully depressing the plunger.
- Ensure that the CTR is correctly positioned and that the plunger is fully extended.
- The CTR is then released from the injector by removing the injector hook from the CTR eyelet.
- Finally, draw the hook back up into the injector before removing it from the capsular bag to avoid tissue damage.