GDPR 2018 PRIVACY NOTICE
The Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as Companies House data.
Who we are
Vision Matrix Ltd is a medical devices distribution company supplying medical devices to the NHS and Private Hospitals.
Vision Matrix uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you information you have requested along with promotional information which Vision Matrix believes may be of interest to you and your business. In you making initial contact you consent to Vision Matrix maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either Opt Out (which you can do at any stage).
Personal data may be collected about you from Meetings, records of our correspondence/emails and telephone calls.
Vision Matrix business does not sell or broker your data or share with a Third Party.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet Vision Matrix contractual obligations to customers and to respond to sales enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by Vision Matrix.
To promote the products offered by Vision Matrix.
By agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Vision Matrix processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com quoting “REMOVE ME” in the Subject Line or by telephoning +44 (0) 1423 705058 or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
Vision Matrix do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with the business without your consent. However, Vision Matrix may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. The business may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Vision Matrix, its suppliers.
Vision Matrix will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for seven years after the Contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After seven years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using an encrypted server. All data is backed up to Aconis (Data Centre) who are registered within the UK.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Vision Matrix is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
In the event that Vision Matrix refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Vision Matrix at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Vision Matrix) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Vision Matrix information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a Contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning +44 (0) 1423 705058 or writing to us at the address below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Vision Matrix, you have the right to complain to Vision Matrix Ltd. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Vision Matrix Ltd
Attention of the Managing Director, 31 East Parade, Harrogate, HG1 5LQ
Telephone +44 (0) 1423 705058 or email email@example.com
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113